If you wish to join a group:
- Contact the group co-ordinator of the group to establish if there are any vacancies and how the group operates.
- On your first visit to a group you will be required to show your membership card to the co-ordinator.
- Please advise the co-ordinator if you decide that you no longer wish to belong to a group.
- If you have any problems contacting a group, or if a group is full, please contact our
Our groups have been divided into the following categories. Please click on the appropriate link for more information about any of the groups within a particular category. With the exception of the Scrabble and Recorder Groups, all Groups meet during the day.
- Art and Craft Groups
(Art Appreciation, Collecting, Crafts, Film Appreciation, Knitting, Needlecraft, Painting)
- Health and Leisure Groups (Ballroom Dancing, Cycling, Holistic Therapies,
Sunday at Seven, Table Tennis, Walking)
- History Groups (Film History, Industrial Heritage,
Local History, History, Regional Heritage, Family History)
- Language Groups (French Conversation, French Intermediate, French Improvers,
Further French, Italian, German Conversation, Spanish, Spanish for Beginners, Spanish Improvers)
- Literacy Groups (Literary Appreciation,
Creative Writing, Reading, Play Reading, Scribblers, Story Telling)
- Mind Games Groups (Bridge, Current Affairs, Scrabble)
- Music Groups (Music, Singing for Pleasure, Jazz Appreciation)
- Science and Nature (Ancient Wisdoms, Bird Watching, Computing,
Environmental Issues, Geology, Philosophy, Photography, Psychology, Popular Science Lectures, Science, Wild Flowers)
- Occasional Groups (Heraldry)